Kapala Training Level II: Feeding Your Demons®
With Lama Tsultrim Allione and Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam
May 24 - 29, 2017
This retreat consists of a deepening of the Prajña Paramita practice, an introduction to Jamgön Kongtrül’s text “Transmitting the Meaning of the Mother”, and Machig Labdrön’s method for cutting through discursive thoughts with sound. FYD™ work will expand through mapping of family lineage demons, physical body demons, and hydra demons.
This is a required retreat for the Magyu Mother Lineage Program.
For licensed therapists or counselors, completion of this Level II retreat and the required 108 FYD™ Tracking Forms allows one to apply for certification to use the five steps of Feeding Your Demons™ professionally. We hope to offer CE hours for Marriage and Family Therapists (MFTs) and Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs). This activity is pending approval from the National Association of Social Workers and the National Board of Certified Counselors.
- Completion of Kapala Training Level I
- 65 Feeding Your Demons™ processes: 50 solo and 15 with a partner
- For partner work, tracking forms from both partners equal one partner work process. This should not be done with clients. It is acceptable to work with gods instead of demons for some of these sessions.
- 20 Extended Ally Processes: 10 solo and 10 with a partner
- 108 hours of Prajna Paramita practice
- A practice session is a minimum of 30 minutes. One hour is recommended. 30 minutes is just for those with very limited time. This 30 minutes includes the beginning and ending prayers.
- Plant a tree or sponsor a tree to be planted.
- This requirement came to Lama Tsultrim in a dream in which she was flying over Europe and saw that it was dry, parched and very hot. She heard a voice that said: “For Climate Change everyone should plant a tree before Kapala Training Level 2.” Planting a tree connects your practice to healing the earth and to Machig’s tree experience during her initiation from Sonam Lama.
Kapala Training Level 2 includes:
- Making a full-sized body map
- This entails tracking where the 65 demons/gods you did between Kapala Training Level 1 and 2 appeared in your body and reflecting on what you see in the body map.
- Male and female family lineage demon and ally maps
- A hydra map looking at a constellation of demons/gods
- “Transmitting the Meaning of the Mother,”* practice
- “Supplication to Machig Labdrön Nature of Mind,”* practice
- “Cutting the Four Demons Loose into Space”* practice
- Teachings on excerpts from the “Grand Poem of Aryadeva the Brahmin” and “Machig’s Last Instructions”
- Taking and Waking practice
*Practices marked with an asterisk are required associated practices for the Kapala Trainings and the Magyu Program. Required associated practices are practices that were received by Lama Tsultrim from her teachers. All other practices not marked by an asterisk were created by Lama Tsultrim herself.
About the Leaders
Lama Tsultrim Allione is founder and resident lama of Tara Mandala. She is author of Women of Wisdom and Feeding Your Demons. Born in New England to an academic/publishing family, she traveled to India in her late teens and was ordained as a Buddhist nun at the age of 22 by H.H. the 16th Karmapa. […]Learn more about Lama Tsultrim Allione
Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam is a teacher, organizational leader, and consultant/coach with a strong commitment to helping others foster creative growth, self awareness and spacious presence in all aspects of their lives. She has been teaching and guiding meditation in Feeding Your Demons™ nationally and internationally for several years, and is adjunct faculty at Naropa University. […]Learn more about Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam